Contestant #1: Tommy Tippee Closer to Nature Preemie Extra Slow Flow Nipple.
- The shape of the nipple attempts to mirror the shape of a human breast.
- The extra slow flow nipple does a good job of limiting the amount of fluid (aka the baby does not get flooded out and choke).
- The bottle’s shape is easy to hold.
- After one feeding, the baby did not seem to have any gas or excessive sucked in air.
- The bottle’s wide opening makes it easy to clean.
- The required procedure to hold the bottle for feeding a super preemie like our baby makes it nearly impossible to view if milk is in the nipple or not while holding it in the sideline position.
- The shape of the bottle while held in sideline captures the milk and prevents it from being sucked into the nipple by the baby, regardless of the baby’s efforts.
- The wide sized base of the nipple that attempts to mimic a human breast makes it difficult for a preemie’s small mouth to seal on the nipple.